Due to COVID-19, we had to reschedule and scale back our Wine & Bourbon Tasting Event (now October 1, 2020) and cancel our Trivia Night for 2020. If you were planning to support us at one of these or would like to make a donation out of the goodness of your heart without getting wine or auction items, we would greatly appreciate it. Click here to donate or purchase tickets for our Wine Tasting Event.
Wine and Bourbon Tasting Event
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Shaw Park – Clayton
Enterprise (Main) Pavilion
27 S. Brentwood Blvd. • St. Louis, MO 63105
$75 per person • $1,000 sponsorships available
Wine and bourbon tasting • auction items
Click here for details
The Patriot Training Foundation, formerly St. Louis Military Officer Support Foundation (SLMOSF), is an all-volunteer organization that provides leadership, fitness, weapons, combatives, medical, water confidence, land navigation and tactical training without cost to those from the Greater Saint Louis area that have been accepted to, attend or serve as an active duty commissioned officer through a United States military academy (United States Military Academy-West Point, United States Naval Academy, United States Air Force Academy and United States Coast Guard Academy), R.O.T.C. or Officer Candidate School. We also provide this training to select enlisted personnel with a combat or lifesaving military occupational specialty (MOS). In 2014, we began offering our program to law enforcement departments and currently assist local tactical operations units with advanced training.
Military programs, courses and qualifications are highly competitive. The moment a young man or woman decides to pursue a career in the Armed Forces, they are instantly judged against their peers. Each year, our sphere of influence expands dramatically. Thanks to the support of St. Louisans, we expanded our training to include basic combatives, water confidence and force on force tactical simulation via paint markers. Nearly 50 local high school seniors train with Patriot Training Foundation each year prior to their entry into a military officer program. Each commissioned officer has the responsibility to pass the training along to fellow leaders and those under their command. As a result, the impact Patriot Training Foundation has becomes impossible to estimate and reaches to U.S. military installations across the globe. Our facility provides law enforcement with several live fire ranges including a clearing house and 1200 yard sniper lane. We also provide low/no light training via an abandoned mine.
The curriculum available to the trainees at no cost includes leadership, fitness, medical, water confidence, weapons, land navigation and tactical training. These officers and enlisted personnel serve or have served in every branch of the military, including Special Operations units such as the 75th Ranger Regiment, Special Forces and SEALs. Other highlights of our trainees include the following:
- PTF trainees have earned incredible leadership positions at their respective programs including Ethan Lochner assuming the role of Cadet Major, leading H-1 at Texas A&M University and Cadet Megan Steis assuming the role of Cadet Wing Commander at Ole Miss. Cadet Shea O’Connor reported to Army ROTC at Marquette University and earned the top female PT score upon arrival.
- West Point named Cadet Captain Winston Boldt and Patriot Training Foundation alumni the Deputy Brigade Commander for 2015. He is the First Captain’s principal assistant in exercising the responsibility to the Commandant for the overall performance of the Corps of Cadets.
- In 2010, 1,400 New Cadet Candidates entered West Point’s “Beast Barracks” entry training program. Six weeks later, Patriot Training Foundation trainees placed first, second and third out of the entire class.
- Patriot Training Foundation prepares 40-50 men and women annually from the Greater St. Louis area with critical training that will help prepare them for highly competitive military careers. Recent cuts in spending and support of the U.S. military and their training have left our servicemen and women at risk while carrying out their missions. PTF helps fill that gap so our troops are optimally prepared to defend our nation.
- Patriot Training Foundation is an investment in our region and our nation. Our first trainee and the inspiration behind PTF has finished his highly decorated service to his country, returned to St. Louis, earned a MBA through Washington University and launched a veteran-owned business, thereby continuing his record of leadership.
- When possible Patriot Training Foundation donates ammunition for use on our range and needed equipment to St. Louis area law enforcement units.
As many of you know, our son Jacques Combs is a Class of 2024 Plebe (Freshman) at the United States Military Academy-West Point. He has pursued his dream of attending West Point since he was a sophomore at De Smet Jesuit High School. Once he was accepted, the real work of training for the rigors of a military academy began. Fortunately for Jacques and many others in the St. Louis area, he has the privilege to be a part of the Patriot Training Foundation.
Since 2004, the Patriot Training Foundation (formerly the Saint Louis Military Officer Support Foundation) is an all-volunteer 501(C)(3) organization that provides leadership, fitness, weapons, combatives, medical, water confidence, land navigation and tactical training without cost to those from the Greater Saint Louis area who pursue a commissioned as an officer in the Armed Forces of the United States or enlist with a combat or lifesaving contract. PTF also offers this program to federal, state and local law enforcement tactical teams and officers at their 550-acre Warrior Training Facility in Warrenton, MO. Their mission with law enforcement has become more critical than ever given the current unrest and campaign to defund or disband law enforcement departments and units. In some cases, PTF provides the only firearms training local police departments get due to a lack of funding and resources.
Because of Patriot Training Foundation, when Jacques reported to West Point, he was fully prepared. He was in top physical condition because of the strength and conditioning training. He could safely and effectively handle his firearm. He had a thorough knowledge of land navigation, water confidence and military protocols. But most of all, Jacques has a community to support him in his quest to serve his country and fight for the freedom we all enjoy.
The foundation usually has several fundraising events and training contracts; however, due to COVID-19 those efforts have come to a halt. My wife Wendy & I have initiated the mission to raise $10,000 to ensure the Patriot Training Foundation can continue to train the young people in our area that have chosen a life of military service and those in law enforcement so they are optimally prepared to defend our nation and communities.
We are asking for your help and your financial support. It is easy to donate! Simply click here to donate. Donations online can be from $25 – $5000 and they are tax deductible. We greatly appreciate your support for our future warriors and law enforcement officers.
Scott & Wendy Combs
Flags of Valor 2016
Patriot Training Foundation (formerly Saint Louis Military Officer Support Foundation) was proud to be a part of Flags of Valor, the display of 7,000+ flags on Art Hill in Forest Park, St. Louis, MO in 2016 to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 09•11•01. The flags were displayed from September 6-11, 2016 and each flag was personalized with a dog tag and photograph of a soldier, sailor, airman or Marine who lost their life in the War on Terror since 9•11•01.
The proceeds from the sale of flags will benefit 4 military related charities – Semper Fi Fund, Missouri Military Memorial Foundation, Greater St. Louis Honor Flight and the Patriot Training Foundation (formerly the Saint Louis Military Officer Support Foundation).
Share your Flags of Valor stories and photographs on Facebook and Instagram with #flagsofvalor and #honorthefallen.